Block E - Slot 13
In short, config recipes are simple modules that add functionality to your site mostly by adding some prepared configuration. They do not add new features that are not already available through Backdrop Core or existing contrib modules.
Available config recipes at this time:
- FAQ Recipe - https://backdropcms.org/project/faq_recipe
- Welcome Recipe - https://backdropcms.org/project/welcome
- User Guide Recipe - https://backdropcms.org/project/user_guide_recipe
- Testimonial Recipe - https://backdropcms.org/project/testimonial_recipe
- Enabled Modules Report Recipe - https://backdropcms.org/project/enabled_modules_report_recipe
- Card Recipe - https://backdropcms.org/project/card_recipe
Let's talk about:
- Currently available config recipes and what they do?
- Is anyone using config recipes are they worth it?
- Brainstorm ideas for additional config recipes.
- What is the future of config recipes?
If you have used any of the available config recipes, please come and tell us about your experience. We've had them around for a while, but gotten very little feedback on whether or not they are useful.
One question I have around recipes: they install like a module, but they don't undo the things created on uninstall, so is it safe to remove (disable/ uninstall/ delete) the recipe and its files to tidy up the list of modules?