Backdrop LIVE is based upon an unconference model. Anyone can declare a topic up through the day of the event and the schedule is subject to change at any time. What would you like to talk about?

Block F - Slot 18

Slot 18: 4:00 pm America/Los_Angeles - April 5, 2024

Jen and Nate have created a number of slide decks to use over their years of presentations about Backdrop CMS. The slides are all available in a Github repository and available for viewing here

Personally, I've never quite understood how to use them or modify them for my own presentations. 

Last week, I gave a presentation for Drupal4Gov and finally took the time to figure out how to get into these slides and modify them for my own use. I may create a PR and make my slidedeck available as well, but I have yet to get that far. 

In this session, I'll show anyone interested how they can access and use these RevealJS based slide decks. We can also talk about how to better leverage this resource and make sure that more people feel empowered to make use of these slides for their own presentations. 

We can talk a bit about using RevealJS for other presentations as well. What it does well? And what are it's limitations?

This topic is for anyone that might be interested in using Backdrop CMS slide decks OR anyone that might be interested in learning a little about RevealJS and how to use it to create HTML presentations. 

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out the best way to share a RevealJS slide presentation with others on my website. (It's probably not that hard, but I haven't thought about it yet). 

Facilitator(s): 

Comments

I've always used desktop tools for presentations so it would be interesting to hear what advantages (and disadvantages?) making presentations in this way might have over the likes of PowerPoint and Libre Office Impress.